BENEFITS OF A GLASS SKYLIGHT SYSTEM
- AVOID imminent structural failure resulting from existing leaking skylights.
- RESTORE the benefits of healthy daylighting.
- REMOVE potential risks of mold and bad odors.
- TRANSFORM a dark and gloomy area into a bright and appealing environment.
- OPTIMIZE daylighting and solar heat levels.
- ENJOY the beneficial blue spectrum of natural daylight in your space.
- GAIN energy savings with green technology.
- NO required maintenance or re-coating costs.
- INCREASE the facility’s property value
Marilyn Hickey Ministries Glass Skylight | Greenwood Village CO
Controlling and Adding More Daylight
Imagine a shopping center or mall that has continuous glass skylights over all the common areas. Now imagine a church purchases the mall and wants to expand the amount of glass skylights to create an expansive sanctuary.
This is exactly what was asked of us. We created a solution that met all the requirements, including some special challenges:
- The new skylight had to look similar in appearance to the obsolete existing skylights.
- To parallel an existing ridge light, the new skylight tied into an existing ridge light at a perpendicular angle.
- Balancing the daylighting factors with the appropriate choice of glazing.
- Replacing and wet sealing over 1800 panes of glass.
- Supersky Skylights (frame only).
- PPG Viracon Graylite II, heat strengthened laminated glazing.