Bring Daylight into a Child’s Learning Environment with a Skylight Installation
Construction of the new Children’s Learning Adventure in Parker, Colorado, located in the SE Denver Metro area, is progressing on schedule.
The low-rise barrel vault skylight installation will begin within a week. The contractor is in the process of finishing the roof construction and the curbs.
Barrel vault skylights are a great skylight because of the natural design of the arch. Arches support weight without having large structural members. Therefore, the cost is low for this design and the performance is high. Water and snow easily flow off the glazing and away from the skylight without the clogging from debris, etc.
Work To Be Done:
- We will install three (3) CPI Daylighting curb mount barrel vault skylights.
- The contractor will supply site built engineered lumber curbs that will resist the loads and thrusts imposed by the skylights.
- The amount of time for our crews to install these Direct2Fab will surprise the contractor. We love to keep our contractors either on or ahead of schedule.
- DIRECT2FAB Pre-engineered Systems designed and built by CPI Daylighting provide skylights in the shortest amount of lead time possible by streamlining the Shop Drawings and production time frames.
- Glazing to be 2.75″ Quadwall nano-celled polycarbonate panels specially formulated to suit the demanding performance requirements for panel thicknesses, fire performance and co-extruded UV protection.
- More to Come!
- Fast Production!
- Fast Installation!
- Correct daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space.
- Reduce dependence on electric lighting—increase energy savings.
- Increase the facility’s property value.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In classroom environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase students performance.