MAGS BAR Saddle Ridge Skylight Provides Daylighting for a New Clubhouse.
The Pinnacle Apartment Homes (now Residences at Falcon North) contracted with Ace Construction Services of Kingwood, TX to remodel an existing clubhouse for the complex. We were hired to provide and install the saddle ridge skylight for the exercise area of the new facility.
Using Skylight Specialists, Inc. own MAGS BAR custom glazing system, we were able to provide a cost effective solution.
Solution: or What We Did:
- We met the contractor from Texas on site and evaluated their needs. They requested a design that would create a more open and inviting well-lit area.
- Our consultation included recommending a cost effective solution that met their needs without altering the framing structure, which was not feasible.
- The owner’s requested a low profile system that would work on a tile roof, which MAGS BAR is designed for.
- The existing framing was not necessarily built plumb and true but during the design phase this was discussed and planned for to make sure the shaft was pleasing to the eye.
- To install a black commercial capping system (MAGS BAR) over an existing support structure, with curb modifications, clear tempered over clear laminated lowE insulated glass units.
16 units ea. – 2 eight bays single slope, 2’ x 6’ bays (nominal). Black flashing cap at the ridge line.
- Provided high quality and quantity of light to the room.
- Provided glazing that allows for clear visibility to the outside.
- Converted the low, flat ceiling look to a more of an atrium look with expanded ceiling depth and openness.
- Correct the daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space.
- Reduce dependence on electric lighting—increase energy savings.
- The owners love the energy savings provided by the new skylights.
- Increase the facility’s property value.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In work and play environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase athletic performance.