Wall Lights and Skylights Provide Natural Daylighting at the North Colorado Springs Readiness Center
The design of the North Colorado Springs Readiness Center is conceived as a modernist architectural expression with subtle references to the Colorado region. Defining characteristics include rectilinear forms, open interior spaces, large expanses of glass, Nano-celled polycarbonate wall lights and skylights with light, smooth, planer surfaces. The polycarbonate allows soft translucent light into the structure from three sides and an expansive single sloped skylight.
What We Did:
- Field measurements were taken after the steel was erected, with Skylight Specialists taking all responsibility of wall panels fitting correctly.
- All wall panels were installed with pre-assembled Quadwall panels from CPI Daylighting for the wall lights and skylights. All product was installed on time and within scheduled production time, therefore creating happy customers.
- Translucent Polycarbonate 19’x31’ single slope skylight manufactured by CPI Daylighting.
- Translucent Polycarbonate (2) two 6.7’x104’ and (1) one 6.7’x62.5’ Wall Lights manufactured by CPI Daylighting.
- By using pre-assembled Quadwall panels from CPI Daylighting for the wall lights and skylights the occupants have a great deal of ideal translucent light coming in to the structure from three sides and from overhead.
- The polycarbonate wall assemblies offer curb appeal to the Readiness Center. The clean lines of the wall lights can be seen from the nearby Interstate I-25.
- CPI Daylighting’s advanced translucent glazing technology ensured that the building envelope was covered by an engineered and insulated translucent panel system that provides unequaled durability and daylighting performance, supplies all the daylight desired without glare and avoids unwanted solar heat gain.
- Correct daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space—increased energy savings
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity
- HB&A Architects winner of the 2012 AIA Colorado South Merit Award for this project