Adding Daylight the Second Time Around.
IHS, Inc. is a premier provider of global market, industry and technical expertise, enabling smarter, better decision making in everything from day-to-day operations to long-term investments.
This was Skylight Specialists, Inc. second trip to the IHS World Headquarters Building in Englewood, CO. On our first visit we installed two glass pyramid shaped skylights.
The owner then wanted to add two more. This time it was decided to install (2) 12′ x 12′ pyramid glass skylights. Care needed to be taken to prevent disruption of normal day to day activities. Therefore, we scheduled the bulk of the work to be performed on the weekend.
What We Did:
- Installation of glass pyramid skylights on lumber curbs.
- Colored plastic pieces were hung from the framework of the skylight to add to the design
- (2) WASCO 12′ x 12′ Pinnacle 350 Pyramid Glass Skylights.
- 1 1/16″ I.G.; 1/4″ Clear Solarban 60 (2) LowE Tempered over
- 5/16″ Clear H.S. Laminate.
- Finish: Std. Dark Bronze Anodized.
- The job was completed on schedule and on budget.
- There was little to no disruption of the companies day to day business activities.
- Correct the daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space.
- Reduce dependence on electric lighting—increase energy savings.
- The owners appreciate the energy savings provided by the new skylights.
- Increase the facility’s property value.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual glazing units are easily replaced.
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity.