Customized Translucent Canopy
Crown Crest of Parker is the newest rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility in the Parker, Colorado, area with 64 short term rehabilitation and 59 long term care suites. Crown Crest offers a beautiful view of the mountains and is conveniently located across from Parker Adventist Hospital.
The architects wanted a completely different look to the entry at this new assisted living center. They designed two separate canopies for the entry. One is a large shingled roof system sheltering the vehicle drop-off area. The second is a translucent canopy located directly in front of the entry doors.
The translucent canopy cover allows light into the inside space through the front doors and, at the same time, keeps the tenants and guests sheltered from rain and snow.
What We Did:
- We installed an engineered system for the translucent canopy on structural steel supplied by others. This canopy is the center piece of the main entry.
- The translucent canopy provides shelter and daylighting as designed.
- CPI Daylighting Clearspan Translucent Canopy System:
- 16mm Nano-Cell polycarbonate panels with polycarbonate U battens.
- Standard CPI CRF Bone white aluminum finish.
The Clearspan concept eliminates structural horizontal bracing or crossbeam supports that are required for some structural designs.
Undesirable crossbeam bracing introduces limitations such as interference with traffic under the canopy, creating a roosting area for birds, and more.
The Clearspan concept, with no horizontal crossbeams, provides an open and modern canopy design with unequaled architectural appeal. It virtually eliminates problems inherent in metal walkway covers – dark and unpleasant industrial appearance, “closed-In” feeling and considerable maintenance requirements.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- Bringing natural daylighting into the lobby of the structure.