Controlling Water Mitigation
The Riverchase Galleria Mall was built in 1986. When it opened, it was the largest glazed atrium shopping center in the United States. Currently, the Galleria has 218 stores and restaurants and is anchored by 5 department stores: J.C. Penney, Belk, Macy’s, Sears, and Von Maur.
We were contacted regarding a skylight repair because they were experiencing leaks from the glass and from the expansion joints. Additionally, several pieces of the laminate glass had broken and needed to be replaced.
The Skylight Repair:
- We provided a quote and contract to perform the necessary skylight repair in a two phase project. First phase in 2012 and second phase in 2013.
- We were able to design a method to access the steep glass and keep our men and tools secure while the skylight repair progressed.
- The large, double arched main atrium was the first section completed.
- The skylight repair was completed on schedule and under budget.
- Johns Manville PVC expansion joint material.
- All sections have the glass replaced, as necessary with matching tint and all of the leaks have stopped.
- The interior space is dry and the staff is happy not to have to constantly clean up water and drywall chunks.
- More importantly, the support structure is dry which prevents long-term damage had it continued leaking.
- Remove potential risks from mold, bad odors.
- Increased the facility’s property value.
- Prevented long term structural damage.