Skylight Inspection and Certification
An onsite skylight survey and inspection was made on 7/26/2016 by Skylight Specialists, Inc.
Represented by Rob Packard.
Skylights on the site:
- 2 Glass Saddle Ridge Skylights – insulated glass units with frit pattern. Total 148 glass units.
- 14 Unit Pyramid Skylights in Clusters – bronze over clear, acrylic, curb mount, 5’ x 5’ nominal. Three clusters of 4 ea and one cluster of 2 ea.
- 12 Unit Pyramid Skylights – White over clear, acrylic, curb mount, 4’ x 4’ nominal.
What We Found:
- Glass Skylights:
- The skylight frame and flashing are in good shape.
- All glass units have failed seals and show fogged glass. About 10% -15% have visibly etched glass.
- Cluster Skylights:
- Roofers have disassembled and reassembled skylights.
- Gasketing, silicone and fasteners are not up to manufacturers specifications. Screws are missing or placed incorrectly, incorrect fasteners used, etc.
- The skylight frames were fit tight to the curbs which can cause expansion/contraction problems with the frames and lenses.
- Gutters were replaced with the same material as the roofing. They retain water but are in good condition, no leaks reported.
- Unit Skylights: All units are in good shape; however the shaft openings are blocked on the interior.