Daylighting an Urban Park Restroom Facility.
On August 10, 2016, ground was broken for the City of Lakewood’s Carmody Park redevelopment project.
The first phase of this project is the construction of Lakewood’s first universally accessible playground. It will provide an opportunity for park visitors of all ages and abilities to play together. In addition to the playground, Phase I includes a year-round restroom facility, multi-use court, picnic shelters and an expansion of the current parking lot.
The playground is expected to be completed in Winter 2016, and landscaping will take place in Spring 2017.
The project is funded in part by Jefferson County Open Space, Great Outdoors Colorado and the Colorado Lottery.
What We Did:
We have been selected to supply and install CPI Daylighting’s new Uniquad Wall-Light system on the new restroom facility. With project construction beginning in August and a completion date before spring, scheduling was critical. The advantage of CPI’s D2F program using pre-engineered components got the product here on time. And the quick and easy installation of the unitized system allowed us to smoothly integrate with the contractor’s schedule.
General Contractor—Klatke Construction Management.
- CPI Daylighting Direct 2 Fab Uniquad Wall Light.
- 1 Unit D2F 3″ Uniquad wall light 4.5′ x 34′ 153 sq. ft.
- The installation went off without a hitch at the contractor’s schedule,
- Direct 2 Fab manufacturing allowed us to complete the project in just five weeks from the date the contract was signed.
- The Uniquad unitized construction system allowed us to install the wall-lights with two men in two days.
- The savings in installation costs allowed us to complete the project for less than $10,000.