Skylight Specialists, Inc works with builders, architects and/or owners/managers to create daylighting designs that are creative, effective and cost efficient.
Skylight Specialists Commercial Division will consult with you and your firm on all your skylight or translucent daylighting needs—from the budget to the final draft of shop drawings to the final completion of the installation.
Design Team Network
Skylight Specialists have cultivated a relationship with many manufacturers to help in planning and the design of canopies, walkways, sloped glazing systems, segmented domes and skylights—Whatever is right for your project.
Build Team Specialists
With a great working environment, well deserved pay programs, benefits and profit sharing, Skylight Specialists, Inc has a goal of long term relationships with our employees.
And, they get the job DONE!
The result of our efforts—better planning, better execution, better quality installations—is well worth the investment of time and money.
THE DESIGN-BUILD ADVANTAGE:
- FASTER DELIVERY
—collaborative project management means work is completed faster with fewer problems.
- COST SAVINGS
—an integrated team is geared toward efficiency and innovation.
- BETTER QUALITY
—design-builders meet performance needs, not minimum design requirements, often developing innovations to deliver a better project than initially imagined.
- SINGULAR RESPONSIBILITY
—one entity is held accountable for cost, schedule and performance.
- DECREASED ADMINISTRATIVE BURDEN
—owners can focus on the project rather than managing disparate contracts.
- REDUCED RISK
—the design-build team assumes additional risk.
- REDUCED LITIGATION CLAIMS
—by closing warranty gaps owners virtually eliminate litigation claims.
UW American Heritage Center — Design-Build/Skylight Retrofit
The American Heritage Center is the University of Wyoming’s repository of manuscripts collections, rare books, and the university archives. This uniquely shaped building’s metal roof has had water mitigation problems for years and was scheduled for replacement. This would require removing and reinstalling the skylights at the new roof elevation.
- The existing skylights were not in any condition to re-use.
- The design for supporting new skylights within the openings was inadequate.
- All skylights are wedge-shaped and of different sizes.
- Some of the skylights are very narrow—requiring minimal structural elements in order to maximize glass area.
- Prefabrication is not an option for two reasons—this facility must remain open to the public and time constraints could not be met.
USING OUR OWN MAGS BAR SYSTEM AND OUR CREW OF SPECIALISTS, WE WERE ABLE TO:
- Provide shops and engineering for the contractor and architect.
- Mount the framework outside the opening—more glazing and better daylighting.
- Provide a nearly flush mount glazing extrusion in a custom color and finish to match the metal roofing material.
- Meet the time constraints—product is in stock and site built fabrication allows us to coordinate with the new roof construction.
- Keep the openings weatherproof and safe to the public below.