Sweetwater County School District #1 Plans Include School Daylighting
The new Stagecoach K-4 elementary school ground breaking took place on July 21, 2014. The school is scheduled to open in the fall of 2015. Understanding the importance of daylighting in schools, the architects have included a skylight and wall lights in the design.
What We Did:
- Installation began 5/17/15 and was completed on 5/21/15.
- We supplied and installed seven CPI Daylighting Quadwall Wall-Lights and one Quadwall Ridge Skylight.
- One CPI Daylighting 4″ Quadwall RIDGE SKYLIGHT.
- 10.00′ wide x 20.00′ long odc. 5.32′ on slope odc. 231 sq. ft.
- Seven CPI Daylighting 4″ Quadwall WALL LIGHTS.
- 5.33′ high x 10.00′ long odc. 373 sq. ft.
- Quadwall Glazing with Insulation Insert (U-Value (approx.) = 0.08).
- Correct the daylight and solar heat levels required for the space.
- Reduce dependence on electric lighting—increase energy savings.
- Increase the facility’s property value.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity.
- In classroom environments, school daylighting has been shown to increase students performance.