School Skylights Add Daylight to Improve the Classroom Environment.
When the school board decided to remodel its Art Department, one of its goals was to improve the quality of light in the classrooms by adding skylights.
Foothills Academy was a private school in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. It offered pre-kindergarten through Grade 12. The school was founded in 1984. and closed for good in 2011.
- By using venting skylights from VELUX equipped with roller shades, the teachers have a great deal of control over the quantity and quality of the light entering the classroom.
- In addition, the venting capability of the school skylights helped control the excess heat produced by the art kiln.
- VELUX deck mounted, venting skylights equipped with roller shades.
- Correct daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space—increased energy savings.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- In classroom environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase students performance.