A Simple Skylight Repair of Hail Damaged Skylights by Replacing the Exterior Panels
The pyramid skylights at the Jefferson County District Attorney’s office were originally installed in 2004. Two of the skylights were damaged during one of the severe hail storms that are not uncommon in the Denver metro area.
We were called upon to provide a skylight repair.
Our Skylight Repair:
- We supplied and installed replacement exterior Quadwall panels on two 16′ & 8′ Direct2Fab* pyramid skylights.
- The Removable Skin Technology allowed us to remove the exterior panels without disturbing the interior. No barricades needed to protect the building’s occupants. No exposure to the elements. Two factors contributing to a very cost effective skylight repair.
- *Direct2Fab (formerly Fastrak) is a fast delivery program for custom sized skylights from CPI Daylighting. Each D2F project moves directly from order entry to the fabrication floor. This can eliminate weeks of engineering and submittal time.
- CPI Daylighting exterior replacement panels for the Quadwall system.
- The exterior panel can be removed, at any time, independently of the interior panel. All without exposing the building interior.
- The interior glazing panel remains intact for the life of the building envelope.
- The replacement of the damaged panels was very simple and cost-effective—thanks to the unique design.
- The building’s envelope integrity was maintained at all times—including allowing normal activities by the occupants.