Utilizing Daylight and Providing Shelter with a Translucent Canopy Installation
The architect’s concept for the new construction of a luxury high rise condominium complex, The Seasons of Cherry Creek, included a covered outdoor dining and grilling area. The challenge the architect faced was the low pitch desired for the basic design of the canopy.
The low pitch disqualified many daylighting products currently on the market. We recommended a canopy installation using a very unique product called U-Lite. U-Lite, manufactured by CPI Daylighting, has a standing seam panel design that lets light through it. This eliminates the dark, closed-in feeling created by traditional opaque canopy solutions.
What We Did:
- Skylight Specialists, Inc. met with the General Contractor and the steel subcontractor to discuss the framing details of the structure, including ridge and various sill details.
- We also visited the site during steel erection to help the subcontractor get the steel structure support built properly.
- The canopy installation was timely and was installed on the steel as expected.
- U-lite 4mm solid polycarbonate standing seam system manufactured by CPI Daylighting.
- Seasons at Cherry Creek outside recreation area has a nice low-sloped canopy. The white, translucent panels offer a soft white natural daylight onto the BBQ and grill area of the complex.
- Provide a solid canopy that allows soft natural translucent daylight.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels easily replaced.
- Increase the facility’s property value.