Alfalfa’s Market at Center Court Village Brings Daylight into Their Store with a Skylight Installation
A Boulder-owned and operated organic and natural foods market is constructing this grocer’s second location. The store will anchor Center Court Village, a mixed-use residential and retail center in Louisville, CO.
Plans call for a 27,800-square-foot market— including a 1,500-square-foot community room — at the corner of South Boulder Road and Centennial Drive.
Demolition of the onsite Safeway store, which had remained vacant for three years, began in August 2013. The new grocery is slated to open in April 2014.
Our Skylight Installation:
Install self-flashed skylights on the steel deck. Layout by others.
The preferred method of skylight installation is to have us, the skylight contractor:
- Cut out the steel deck.
- Install rim boards to the height of the planned insulation.
- And then install the skylights over the hole.
The reason for this process is:
- Our men are tied off during the work to prevent accidental falls.
- No one else is allowed on the roof during this time.
- No other protection must be installed around the holes during the time the deck is cut open until the time the skylight is set.
This saves time and money for the contractor while still keeping all personnel safe.
- (16) American Skylites 4′ x 4′ integral curb, insulated, acrylic dome skylights.
- The skylight installation was completed when needed and within the contractors expected schedule and time frame.
- Correct the daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space.
- The skylight installation will reduce dependence on electric lighting—and increase energy savings.
- Increase the facility’s property value.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity.
- In retail environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase sales by as much as 40%.