Custom Shaped Skylight Designs
The Nashville Airport Marriott Hotel is minutes away from top attractions like the Grand Ole Opry and Country Music Hall of Fame. Their problem was the custom shaped skylights located over the pool and pool area. The skylights were old and didn’t portray the image of a top notch hotel that Marriott requires.
These custom shaped skylights were unique as they had angled ends. This creates a custom detail for any skylight manufacturer. It also reduces the choice of types of skylights that can be used.
- By using a product that can have angled glazed ends we were able to maintain the same shape of the existing curbs and finish.
- Measuring skylights that come to a point can be difficult if you don’t know what you are doing. We have seen many contractors have problems with this issue. Our skylights fit perfectly, not always an easy task to accomplish.
- Acralight barrel vault skylights
- Lexan glazing
What We Did:
- The old curb mount skylights were removed and replaced with new custom shaped skylights providing a clean fresh look to the pool area.
- The new skylights had to be lifted over the top of the high rise. With the proximity of the airport, it was important that we did not exceed a certain height with the crane. This required specific planning to be able to accomplish the lift without interfering with the FAA rules. And not put any airplanes in danger!
- The new roof was protected to insure a trouble free installation. The maintenance department was very pleased with our professionalism, which we take for granted. According to the hotel personnel, this quality is frequently lacking with many contractors.
- Correct daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space—increased energy savings
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity