Whole Foods Market Superior, CO Skylight Retrofit
Back in 1980, Whole Foods started out with one small store in Austin, Texas. Today, they’re the world’s leader in natural and organic foods, with more than 360 stores in North America and the United Kingdom.
Whole Foods Market Superior is committed to selling the highest quality natural and organic products while satisfying and delighting our customers seven days a week.
One of the ways Whole Foods delighted their customers was to contract for a skylight retrofit by adding skylights to their store. Whole Foods understands that value of natural daylighting and how that influences the purchasing of their clients. When your store is bright and cheery then your customers feel good about visiting your store more often.
What We Did:
- A very important part of the planning on this project involved performing the skylight retrofit at night when the store was closed.
- The owners loved the plan as the employees left one day and the next day skylights were magically in place along with the natural daylight they provided.
- Wasco Skylights, DCS-NT 5252 Curb Mount Skylight. OCD 49-1/2″ x 49-1/4″, Clear outer Dome, W/16mm Polycarbonate Inner. Bronze Frame
Results of our Skylight Retrofit:
- Employees and customers alike were delighted with the light provided by these skylights.
- The disruption of normal business for employees and customers was kept to a bare minimum.
- Correct the daylighting and solar heat levels required for the space.
- Reduce dependence on electric lighting—increase energy savings.
- The owners love the energy savings provided by the new skylights.
- Increase the facility’s property value.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In work environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase productivity.
- In retail environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase sales by as much as 40%.