Shopping Mall Daylighting Can Include Exterior Applications.
One aspect of the daylighting planned for the shopping mall is the use of translucent, polycarbonate, canopies to provide shelter from the elements for pedestrians.
Village at the Peaks is a regional center/mall that is currently under construction in Longmont, CO.
Leasable Area:500,000 SF.
Anchor Tenants: Whole Foods – Regal RPX Theater – Sam’s Club.
Lot Size: 50 acres.
What We Will Do:
- Supply and install three CPI Daylighting translucent, polycarbonate canopies.
- Install 12-14 VELUX SUN TUNNELS.
- (1) unit 12MM SKIN SINGLE SLOPE 12.50′ wide x 23.00′ long odc. 12.60′ on slope odc. 290 sq. ft.
(1) unit 12MM SKIN SINGLE SLOPE 12.50′ wide x 124.00′ long odc. 12.60′ on slope odc. 1562 sq. ft.
(1) unit 12MM SKIN SINGLE SLOPE 12.50′ wide x 28.25′ long odc. 12.60′ on slope odc. 356 sq. ft.
- 12-14 VELUX SUN TUNNELS.
- Translucent, polycarbonate canopies avoid problems inherent in metal canopies:
- A dark and unpleasant industrial appearance.
- A “closed-in” feeling.
- Constant maintenance requirements.
- When a metal canopy is next to a building, it darkens adjacent windows or doorways. CPI Daylighting’s translucent canopy designs let the light in. The canopies and walkway systems are attractive and affordable alternatives to the high cost and safety concerns associated with glass, acrylic and fiberglass canopy systems.
- Increase the facility’s property value.
- Healthy, natural daylight in the space with soft translucent light and accurate color rendition.
- No required maintenance or re-coating costs—individual exterior panels are easily replaced.
- In retail environments, increased daylighting has been shown to increase sales by as much as 40%.