Mall Skylight Inspection Survey and Consultation
Three Rivers Mall has over 40 stores including Macy*s, jcpenney, Pier 1 Imports, Target, Bath & Body Works and more.
An onsite skylight inspection survey was conducted on June 7th 2011 by Skylight Specialists, Inc., represented by Rob Packard.
Skylights of concern were 22 acrylic barrel vaults, 7 unit skylights, 1 cluster skylight.
- (6 ea.) Acrylic Barrel Vault Skylights; (2) 7’ x 10’, (2) 7’ x 20’, & (2) 7’ x 30’ nominal, arranged in two sets of three Skylights each with two gutters separating the Skylights.
- (12 ea.) Acrylic Barrel Vault Skylights, 7’ x 21’ nominal.
- (4 ea.) Acrylic Barrel Vault Skylights, 7’ x 21’ nominal. These four skylights are arranged in two sets of two with a gutter between. One set has only a 1 1/2” wide gutter.
- (5 ea.) Acrylic Pyramid Unit Skylights, 10’ x 10’ nominal.
(2 ea.) Acrylic Pyramid Unit Skylights, 9’ x 9’ nominal.
- (1 ea.) Acrylic Cluster Skylight, 10’ x 10’ nominal.
- (2 ea.) Structural Glass Pyramid, 13’ x 13’ nominal.
What Our Skylight Inspection Found:
- (22 ea.) Acrylic Barrel Vault Skylights. Original skylights with cracked and fogged acrylic lenses.
Degrading gaskets has caused mold to grow between the lenses.
Rusted flashing in gutters.
- (4 ea.) Acrylic Barrel Vault Skylights. Each pair of vaults should be replaced with one vault in order to eliminate leaks from gutter issues.
- (All) Structural Glass Pyramid Skylights. The skylight inspection revealed that the glass skylights appear to be in good shape. The glass skylights have insulated units and no sign of fogging or seal failure.
- (All) Acrylic unit skylights and the cluster skylight need to be replaced with barrel vault skylights.Because of cracking from expansion/contraction stresses, 10’ unit skylights are no longer available.
- (All) The skylight inspection revealed that no work is needed on the glass skylights at this time.